There was an error in this gadget

Friday, July 11, 2008

Christmas in July

So, Sam's family is finally here and we could not be happier to have them! It has been a whirlwind three days in which the Hosacks have managed to log over 50,000 steps according to Laurie's trusty pedometer, have been all over the city about 3 times, and have been thoroughly enjoying the company :)

The fam. was also nice enough to bring over two extra (bulging!) suitcases with stuff from home. It definitely felt like Christmas in July. Our parents hooked us up with a bunch of Weight Watchers treats, Crystal Light, macaroni and cheese, new shoes, and other various needed/craved items. Thanks to Mama Hughey for filling my "wish list" and then some! The best, though, was that Sam and Laurie worked together to suprise me with a 6 pack of actual-real-authentic Diet Coke! It had been 5 months since I tasted that glorious, chemically goodness (they have Coke Light here, which is just soooo not the same) and Sam asking for it/Laurie risking a carbonation explosion in her suitcase was just about the sweetest thing ever!

I neglected to take my camera anywhere the first 2 days, but today we went to the DMZ so as soon as I upload those pictures you should be getting a nice long post from Sam or myself on a most interesting day involving: our 4:30am wake-up time, a family portrait in North Korea, me breaking every rule they told us to strictly obey, a mini-riot at the City Hall subway station and a delicious galbi dinner. So, stay tuned!

No comments: